Town of Sedgewick
P.O. Box 129
4818 47 Street
Sedgewick, AB T0B 4C0
Fax: (780) 384-3545
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click for directions or a map of Sedgewick
Town of Sedgewick
A vibrant, growing, safe community focusing on opportunities for both families and businesses:
- 11 Km East of Town of Killam
- 11 km west of Village of Lougheed
- 83 km east of City of Camrose
- 89 km South west from Wainwright
- 137 km west of the Saskatchewan border
- 158 km south-east of City of Edmonton
52° 46"21”N Latitude, 111° 41’49"W Longitude. Elevation: 670 m (2,198')
TREE PROMOTION – Town Beautification
A motion was made whereby authorizing administration to purchase $500 worth of seedling trees to give away to community residents. The intention of this initiative is to encourage town beautification and promote happy, healthy living. Seedlings will be handed out in the community, please stop by the Town Office for
a free tree. This is a great way to encourage family time; and promote active living.
The Town of Sedgewick population of 857 is located in East Central Alberta, along Highway 13 and Secondary Highway 869. Sedgewick is primarily a farming community, with mixed crops and the oil industry is very active in the area.
Sedgewick offers a wide variety of activities for young and old alike:
- Lake: Its very own lake park with beach, handicap accessible playground, wading pool, 35 regular campsites + 13 Long term sites and a group site for 12 and various amenities.
- Golf: 9 hole grass green golf course and licensed clubhouse.
- Rodeo: Annual outdoor Rodeo in August.
- Baseball - tournaments hosted on 4 ball diamonds.
- Bowling – 4 lanes - Youth, Mixed, Ladies, Senior Leagues
- Skating & Hockey: For all ages at our Arena.
- Curling: Curling rink with 4 sheets of ice, annual bonspiels, curling lounge.
- Youth Centre - Nights Alive Centre is open for teens 14 - 17 years old.
- Seniors are very active with cards and floor curling
- Public Library
- Community Hall that hosts various evenings of Entertainment (capacity of 250).
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 55
- Sedgewick Lions Club
- Sedgewick Historical Society
The business community is pleased to offer every service or goods you may require. There is a variety of businesses ranging from automotive service to restaurants and accommodations, groceries, health and beauty aids and medical assistance provide your everyday needs.
See Virtual Tour of Sedgewick
Click Here to see Monthly Calendar