Town of Sedgewick
P.O. Box 129
4818 47 Street
Sedgewick, AB T0B 4C0
Fax: (780) 384-3545
Hours of Operations
Monday through Friday.
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
12:00 Noon - 1:00 PM
Statuatory Holidays - closed
Click for directions or a map of Sedgewick
Town of Sedgewick
Check us out on Facebook
Round 2 Rec Grant Application Deadline Approaching
Recreation user groups are reminded that the deadline for round two of the Recreation Grant Application Process is 12:00pm on September 15th. Applications and guidelines can be found here and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the town office.
Town Welcomes new CAO
A new Chief Administrative Officer began with the Town of Sedgewick on July 17th.
Town Council held a special meeting on July 6th in order to approve the hiring of Jim Fedyk whose name some local residents may recognize. Fedyk was employed by Flagstaff County as the Community Recreation Liaison from 2011 to 2014 where he administered the Regional Recreation Grant Program.
Most recently Fedyk has held the position of Recreation Manager for the City of Cold Lake where he managed a number of facilities, an $8 million budget and up to 90 full-time, temporary and casual staff. Fedyk has recently completed his National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration Level II.
Flagstaff Intermunicipal Partnership
- 83 km east of City of Camrose
- 89 km south west from Wainwright
- 157 km south east of Edmonton International Airport
- 206 Km south east of City of Edmonton
52° 46"21”N Latitude, 111° 41’49"W Longitude. Elevation: 670 m (2,198')
The Town of Sedgewick population of 857 is located in East Central Alberta, along Highway 13 and Secondary Highway 869. Sedgewick is primarily a farming community, with mixed crops and the oil industry is very active in the area.
Sedgewick offers a wide variety of activities for young and old alike:
- Lake: Its very own lake park with beach, handicap accessible playground, wading pool, 35 regular campsites + 13 Long term sites and a group site for 12 and various amenities.
- Golf: 9 hole grass green golf course and licensed clubhouse.
- Rodeo: Annual outdoor Rodeo in August.
- Baseball - tournaments hosted on 4 ball diamonds.
- Bowling – 4 lanes - Youth, Mixed, Ladies, Senior Leagues
- Skating & Hockey: For all ages at our Arena.
- Curling: Curling rink with 4 sheets of ice, annual bonspiels, curling lounge.
- Youth Centre - Nights Alive Centre is open for teens 14 - 17 years old.
- Seniors are very active with cards and floor curling
- Public Library
- Community Hall that hosts various evenings of Entertainment (capacity of 250).
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 55 (Capcity of 200)
- Sedgewick Lions Club
- Sedgewick Historical Society
The business community is pleased to offer every service or goods you may require. There is a variety of businesses ranging from automotive service to restaurants and accommodations, groceries, health and beauty aids and medical assistance provide your everyday needs.
;">Virtual Tour of Sedgewick
Town of Sedgewick Google Calendar